I haven't made the dive with a unit yet, but I did strip and reprime my Holy Zealots, so I guess they are up first.
That was last week. Last night (in the wee hours), I put the final washes and touch ups into my new Holy Zealot paint scheme. The first time I painted my unit of Zealots was in October of 2013. Here is what it looked like then:
(Holy Zealots and Monolith Bearer, October 2013)
Garbage lighting, terrible focus ... all things that sort of but not really hid my heavy hand, lack of thinned paints, unawareness of dry brushing, and ugly choices in basing.
But they sure were shiny red.
Here is the unit now, two years later, in my Purple Menoth scheme. I used a lot of dark washes to dirty them up. I am not very pleased with how the Monolith Bearer came out. I waffled on some color choices late in the process and the Leader and UA suffered the most from it.
(Holy Zealot Leader and Monolith Bearer, November 2015)
(Holy Zealots pose 1, November 2015)
(Holy Zealots pose 2, November 2015)
(Holy Zealots pose 3, November 2015)
(Holy Zealots and Monolith Bearer, November 2015)
I like how they came out. I wish my camera was better. I think they are going to look very cool on the table. Good luck, guys!